This book is a must have guide that provides teachers with tools, insights and encouragement to empower them to create a safer learning environment.
This book is a must have guide that provides teachers with tools, insights and encouragement to empower them to create a safer learning environment. It is filled with concrete, effective techniques and ready to use tools for managing a variety of classroom behaviors. In this practical book you will learn specific and realistic strategies for setting up a prevention-based discipline system that is designed to head off most challenging behavior problems before they develop.
Respectful Discipline is for classroom teachers of all grade levels. It is user friendly, well organized and contains many practical examples. The goal is to maximize teaching time and minimize time spent disciplining.
Learn how to…
- Create a positive classroom atmosphere
- Plan activities for the first days of school
- Decrease transition time
- Manage the stress of teaching
- Increase accountability and responsibility in your students
- Handle, “It’s not fair!”
Create and implement effective consequences
- Address the causes of misbehavior
- Avoid student manipulations
- Handle power struggles effectively