NEW RELEASE Many of our students have difficulty dealing with negative emotions, fear and anger can hit them unexpectedly. Without a plan for dealing with these feelings, they can be thrown off and may react negatively. Teaching them how their brain works and how to put mindfulness practices into action will help them make better decisions.
Mindfulness… Can It Make a Difference In The Classroom
Many of our students have difficulty dealing with negative emotions, fear and anger can hit them unexpectedly. Without a plan for dealing with these feelings, they can be thrown off and may react negatively. Teaching them how their brain works and how to put mindfulness practices into action will help them make better decisions. In addition, students can learn to regain access to their executive functions even when in a stressed state. This seminar will provide dozens of strategies and activities to help students strengthen the connectivity between areas of the brain that supports attention and concentration, thus weakening the amygdala’s capacity to hijack the thinking parts of the brain when feeling anxious. With this awareness, it is easy to see how mindfulness and self-regulation can translate into improved learning. This is true for students and adults.
• Gain a clearer understanding of what mindfulness is and isn’t.
• Learn practical ways to incorporate mindfulness activities into your classroom to help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions and reduce personal stress.
• Learn and teach students the importance of the connection between the “upstairs and downstairs brain”
• Strategies to develop students’ capacity to pay attention
• Teach the skill of responding rather than reacting
• Tame the monkey mind.
• Help students better manage personal frustrations, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors.
• Teaching mindfulness using the five senses.
• Create mindful moments in a variety of ways.
• Is self-criticism helpful or hurtful?
• Become aware of the stories in our head and how/why we act on them.
• Learn how you can incorporate mindfulness practices into your already busy school day in ways that will actually make a difference for you and your students.
Once your order is placed you will receive an email within 24 hours with the workbook, video link and the password. You will have access to the video for one full year.